Being ‘green’ extends further than just the colour of our logo.
Innovation and environmental sustainability in our developments is an important consideration for Goodman and our customers. We work closely with our customers throughout the development process to integrate a range of Ecologically Sustainable Development (ESD) initiatives to maximise efficiency and minimise environmental impact.
ESD initiatives include:
- Implementation of rainwater harvesting (rainwater tanks) for re-use
- Solar external lighting and heated hot water
- Movement sensor lighting
- Precast concrete walls to improve the life cycle of the building
- Translucent sheeting to enhance natural light without increased heat load
- Grey water recycling
- Native plants and drip irrigation landscaping
- AAA rated hydraulic fittings and fixtures.
In Australia, Goodman is the platinum sponsor of the Green Star Industrial Pilot tool and currently has four recently completed projects which will be eligible for 4 star (design) ratings.